Limited time only! Nogami, a specialty bakery specializing in high-grade “fresh” bread, has started to sell “Lemon Marmalade Jam,” which is well-balanced with the refreshing acidity and natural aroma of the rind to match Nogami’s bread, on May 1, 2021.
You can eat the whole lemon peel!
It is made from juicy domestic lemons grown in the high-quality soil of natural cyclical agriculture, and is non-waxy and preservative-free. The refreshing sourness of the sliced ripe lemon rind and the bitter aroma of the juice are the characteristics of this product. Therefore, the Lemon Marmalade Jam uses even the peel of the lemons, so you can enjoy the original texture of the fruit.
With the limited edition jam, I will introduce a recipe for you to enjoy the harmony of the fluffy texture of the “fresh” bread and the lemon marmalade jam in your mouth for your daily breakfast or home time.
Banana cheese toast with lemon marmalade jam
Ingredients (for 1 person)
1 slice of “fresh” bread
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon marmalade jam
1/2 banana, cut into 3-5mm slices1/2 cup (100cc) shredded cheese
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped, unsalted roasted walnuts
How to make
1) Line a toaster dish with non-stick aluminum foil and place the “raw” bread on top.
2) Place 2/3 of the shredded cheese on top of the raw bread, then place the sliced bananas on top.
3) Place the rest of the shredded cheese randomly on top of the bananas.
4) Place the whole tray in a toaster oven and toast for 6-8 minutes until the cheese melts.
5) Toast for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
6) Transfer to a plate with a spatula, top with walnuts, and drizzle with lemon marmalade jam.
7) The essence of the sweet and sour of the lemon in an endless loop of sweet and salty makes it addictive.
Lemon French Toast
Ingredients (for 2 persons)
2 slices of “fresh” bread
2 tablespoons lemon marmalade jam
100cc heavy cream
2 to 3 drops vanilla extract
15g salted butter (divided into 10g and 5g)
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
2 tbsp lemon marmalade jam
How to make
1) Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the cream, vanilla extract, and lemon marmalade jam, and mix well.
2) Put half of the egg mixture into a bat, put the bread into the bat, pour the rest of the egg mixture over the bread, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the bread and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, turning the bread over halfway through to make sure it soaks in.
3) Transfer 2 to a heatproof plate and microwave at 500W (600W) for 1 minute, then turn over and microwave for another minute.
4) Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat and add 10g of butter. When the other side is browned, add the remaining 5g of butter and turn over to brown the other side.
5) Place on a plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and garnish with lemon marmalade jam. Pre-heat in the microwave to make them fluffy and plump.
Lemon marmalade jam By Nogami
【Release Date】 May 1 (Sat), 2021
【Price】 1,080 yen (Tax included)
【Store】 Nogami Nationwide & Phone Order
【Shipping Reception Center】 06-7777-2458 (Reception hours : 10:00 – 17:00 / Closed: Sunday and national holidays)
*Only advance payment and cash on delivery are accepted (credit card payments are not accepted).